The EBRD is holding a workshop for consultants in Kyiv on 5-6 December on ‘The Horizon2020 SME Instrument: What are the features of a successful proposal?’.
The workshop, organised in the framework of the EU4Business initiative, is aimed at assisting Ukrainian SMEs in preparing a successful application under the Horizon2020 SME instrument. The training.will include:
- Introduction on Horizon 2020 and the importance of impact for Horizon 2020 funded projects;
- Award criteria: How proposals are reviewed and expectations from evaluators;
- Annotated proposal template for the SME Instrument: Phase 1 and Phase 2. Examples of awarded proposals;
- Drafting a Business Plan. The Lean Model Canvas Business tool;
- How to pitch: Preparing the pitch (Phase 2);
- Communication, dissemination and exploitation as part of a successful project proposal: What are the differences? How to build a comprehensive strategy complying with intellectual property rights, ethical and data management standards;
- Practical exercises will be introduced throughout the session.
The working language of the training is English. Participants are expected to have a good command of English as this is the language to be used in project applications.